Monday, March 22, 2010

Distinguished Taste


It is said that the average customer or guest at a restaurant will order the same ten cocktails. I refuse to believe that this is due to lack of interest or desire for something different. I know that your favorite 'usuals' are great and as I said it my last blog everyone enjoys a good classic. However, the top ten drinks most requested, ordered and made by bartenders are as follows: the Caesar, Cosmopolitan, White Russian, Vodka Martini, Singapore Sling, Margarita, Manhattan, Long Island Ice Tea, Blue Lagoon and Pina Colada. Daring to be different can go a long way. What you can gain from not trying something ordinary could pleasantly surprised you. The worst case scenario would be going back to the safe ceaser if you are not pleasantly surprised.


I know that my best experiences with innovative cocktails is when I have been brave enough to take a leap of faith and be carried away by the moment, the summer air and great company.


With the summer approaching and patio weather coming remember to indulge and forget everything you know. get creative try things you think you hate, sometimes they can be just the thing you need.


I will leave you with a summer drink that will have you salivating and anticipating the patios and summers eves to come.


Mexican without a cause


5 small chunks of watermelon

1 chopped lime

1/2 oz. Simple Syrup

1 1/2 oz. Tequila

1/2 oz. Tripple Sec

splash of apple juice

Crushed Ice




No comments:

Post a Comment